Arogya Activities in India
- Emerging Stronger During COVID Webinar Series:
- April 21 Webinar: Eat Right, Eat Well During COVID-19
- Times of India publishes piece by Dr. Meghana Pasi, Nutrition Consultant with Arogya World’s MyThali program, “A balanced meal plan to help survive the lockdown“
- Article by Dr. Meghana Pasi, How to Build Immunity During Home Quarantine, published in The Quint
- Dr. Meghana Pasi, Nutrition Consultant with Arogya World’s MyThali program, participates in Excl health webinar: Working from home in lockdown 2.0
- MyThali tips on Immunity Boosting Foods – and follow us on Instagram, too!
Other Arogya Activities
- New webinars with eminent speakers are planned for June on the important topic of COVID and Diabetes. Register now!
- On June 6 at 11.30 am EST, renowned expert Dr. Venkat Narayan from Arogya partner Emory University will discuss different aspects of diabetes and COVID-19, including why diabetes puts people at higher risk, how diabetics can better protect themselves during COVID, and more. To register, click here. Learn More
- Previous webinars:
- May is Mental Health Month. We hosted a webinar focused on COVID-19’s Mental Health Fallout, with Garen Staglin, Founder, One Mind and Arogya partner One Mind at Work. Staglin is a dynamic leader mobilizing CEOs in the US and around the world to tackle mental health at work. Learn More
- Later in May, celebrated former WeightWatchers chef Ryan Hutmacher highlighted culinary skills to make meals more healthy, including ways to reduce salt, accompanied by a live cooking demo. He also shared a delicious recipe. Learn More
- Arogya World has joined the new JDRF-Beyond Type 1 Alliance partnership, www.coronavirusdiabetes.org, to help support the most vulnerable among us, including those with diabetes. COVID-19 and similar viral illnesses pose a serious risk for those with diabetes, from adding new challenges to the uncertainty a new virus brings. The new website, www.coronavirusdiabetes.org, is full of resources.
- Renu Advani of Chicago was inspired by Arogya’s mission and wanted to contribute in her own unique way. She is collecting healthy recipes from leading Indian restaurant chefs to put into a special recipe box that we would then distribute in the community. Promoting healthy cooking is part of Arogya’s work. Please reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org with ideas of chefs in your town that Renu and her team of volunteers can reach.
- How Living in COVID Times Has Affected You: Inspired by this piece in the New York Times, we’d like to hear your stories! Please share with us your story about how your life is currently, or will be altered by COVID, by emailing Lauren@ArogyaWorld.org.
- “Our wedding was scheduled for June 27, 2020 in another state. We’ve excitedly been planning it for about a year. Once shelter-in-place orders started, we began to get nervous that we would have to postpone, but thought we’d wait to see how things played out over the month. As it progressed, it became clear we’d have to start seriously considering it. It was hard to even start to call vendors, but once we did we learned so many other events had been postponed that there were just a few dates available for the following year. We made the decision to postpone until April 2021. Making the final call wasn’t easy, and triggered much more sadness for us than anticipated. But, we want everyone to stay safe and healthy, and as the stay-at-home orders are extended, we know we made the right decision. We really feel for everyone who has had to mourn life’s missed moments during this time: graduations, birthdays, baby showers, final high school or college sports matches, etc. And, of course, weddings.” -Lauren Phillips, Arogya World Consultant
Here are a few resources about COVID-19, including for specific health conditions:
Covid-19 and Diabetes, www.coronavirusdiabetes.org