- 1 cup Plain non-fat Yogurt
- 1 cup Buttermilk
- 2 cups Spinach Leaves (finely chopped)
- ¼ tsp Red Chilli powder
- ½ tsp Cumin powder (roasted)
- ¼ tsp Cumin seeds
- ½ tsp Whole Black Peppercorns (coarsely pounded)
- Salt to taste
- In a heavy-bottomed pan, heat the oil and add the cumin seeds, allowing them to crackle.
- Add the chopped fresh spinach and saute on high heat until tender and most of the water is evaporated. You can also use frozen spinach instead of fresh (In this case, first thaw the frozen spinach). Take a couple tablespoons, squeeze out the water and then saute it.
- Allow the sauteed spinach to cool completely.
- Whisk the yogurt, buttermilk cumin powder, red chilli powder, black pepper, and salt in a bowl.
- Add the chilled spinach mixture into the whipped yogurt.