During this uncertain and tense time, we want to help people in the US and around the world, including India, cope better with COVID and explore links to NCDs and NCD prevention and matters related to our core mission. Bringing you insights from top experts, we will cover issues and topics we care deeply about including underlying diabetes, mental health, healthy cooking, impact on women, etc. Look for something interesting from us each month. Upcoming webinars to help you emerge stronger:
2. What diabetics should do in this era to better protect themselves.
3. Ethnic/Race differences with respect to underlying NCDs and risk for COVID.
4. Will healthy lifestyles that can help prevent NCDs, also perhaps protect us from Covid and the next pandemic?
- Ruth and O.C. Hubert Professor of Global Health and Epidemiology | Rollins School of Public Health, Emory University
- Professor of Medicine | Emory University School of Medicine
Dr. Narayan is formerly chief of the diabetes science branch at the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Prior to this, he was an intramural scholar at the National Institutes of Health (US) and in the faculty at the University of Aberdeen, Scotland. Dr. Narayan is noted for substantial, multidisciplinary work in diabetes and noncommunicable diseases (NCD) public health. He has been involved in several major national and international multi-center epidemiological studies, public health surveillance, translation research, and intervention studies.
Dr. Narayan is a member of the US National Academy of Medicine, and is Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians of Ireland, Fellow of the Faculty of Public Health Medicine, UK, Fellow of the American College of Physicians, and Fellow of the American Heart Association. He won the American Diabetes Associations’ Kelly West award for outstanding achievement in epidemiology in 2015, Danish Diabetes Academy Visiting Professor award 2015-17, Government of India, Jawaharlal Nehru Chair 2016, and Emory University’s Mentor of the Year award in 2011.
• Learn how texture, flavor, color and temperature enhance can our eating habits
• Understand techniques that elevate eating enjoymentLearning to eat well can be a challenge. Because many of us associate healthy eating with flavorless foods that don’t satisfy. When we lose the enjoyment that eating brings us, we lose the motivation that fuels our health goals. In this lesson, we’ll crack the code on understanding what behaviors and patterns will support and influence you to fill up on the foods you need and the flavors you love!
Ryan Hutmacher is an award-winning chef, thought leader and speaker. Ryan uses cooking and coaching to help people “get unstuck and improve their mood” through his blog WellBeyondFood.com.As founder of Centered Chef, his training programs support employee wellness and patient care initiatives. His works have been featured on the TODAY Show and TEDx stage.Ryan won the nationally televised cooking competition “The Search for the Weight Watcher’s Chef” on ABC’s The CHEW, where he went on to serve as the “First-Ever Weight Watchers Chef” and national spokesperson from 2014-2019.